Thursday, May 10, 2012

You want how much?

While browsing through self published books on amazon yesterday, I noticed that some prices for eBooks were absolutely through the roof. I saw one kindle book listed at $25! Seriously, this pricing is just outrageous. You can't hold an Ebook in your hands, and there's no costs for paper and ink, so how can you possibly make it so expensive? For that price, I would expect that that book would be able to write my term papers, delete my junk email, and design a website for me.

Since eBooks are really kind of like imaginary creatures that only exist in that strange intangible world of computers, it seems ridiculous to make one so expensive, and it turns potential readers off. I mean, if no one has heard of you before and they see your $25 kindle book next to another unknown author with a $3 book, which one would you rather buy? Personally I don't think any electronic book should be over $5, unless your a wildly successful author like Stephen King. Even then these types of books shouldn't be anymore than $10. So please all of you authors who set your electronic books at insane prices, stop doing this. You're not helping yourself or anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment