Thursday, May 3, 2012

What happened to us, Calculus?

At the beginning our relationship was perfect. We talked and laughed and spent quality time together really building our foundations into what was sure to be a beautiful boost to our academic career. We had so much fun, and I could tell the love between us was real because you and I were discovering how the world worked together. Everyone said we made the perfect couple and gave us an A plus.


But then something happened. I don't know what I did, but you became distant, refusing to speak to me no matter how hard I tried to please you. I could feel our beautiful relationship slipping from above average to just average. I tried to give you some space. I tried to make more time for you. I even tried to get us to open up the lines of communication again by taking us to counseling, yet you still refuse to speak to me. No matter how many counselors try to get you to open up to me at the tutoring center, you still refuse to work with me. For weeks I would lay in bed at night thinking, was it something I said? Did I do something wrong? Am I not good enough for you?


Now I realize something. It's not me, it's you. It's all you. I've tried so hard to make our relationship work, and what have you done? Huh? You know what you've done to get our relationship back on track? Nothing! That's right, absolutely nothing! All you do is sit there and stare back at me from the open pages of your 8th edition house with your condescending definitions and multitudes of letters and imaginary numbers that don't mean anything because you have an inferiority complex and insist on making everyone around you feel stupid to cover up your own insecurities. Find the arc angle of x? Screw you! Find your own damn arc angle of x! Why the hell did you lose the arc angle of x in the first place? Oh, that's right, because you're completely irresponsible and immature, that's why you want me to do everything for you and you don't give anything back. You're selfish! You're a selfish lazy jerk who sits around all day doing nothing while I do absolutely everything around here. Well you know what? I have had enough of solving your problems for you. I'm done. You need to man up and figure these things out for yourself.


I'm sorry, I didn't mean that. Look, I know we've had some fights, and sometimes when our relationship was put to the test we failed miserably. But I'm not giving up on you. I can't. We're too involved now, and I'm determined to give this one last shot before our last day together next week. So please, please try to at least meet me in the middle on this one. I know we can have something great together that others will be jealous of, but I need you to work with me here. Just know that no matter what happens, we will be together again in the fall. Sure we may have to go right back to where we started at the beginning of the year, but I'm hoping that when August comes around we can take our relationship to the next level. Don't you want that? Don't you want us to soar into high level engineering together? I do, and I'm hoping you'll take these words to heart and open up a little. Please, do it for me. After all the time we spent together it's the least you could do.

No comments:

Post a Comment