Thursday, May 17, 2012

Sneak Peek at G-157

My first novel G-157 is in its final stages of editing, and will be published on Amazon in June. While I'm still waiting for a few readers to send the book back to me with their reports of the good, the bad, and the ugly, I thought I'd share the first chapter. I've added a sneak peek heading for anyone who would like to take a gander.

This book is what I'd call a literary novel mixed with a touch of science fiction. It's basically about a girl that can't stand living in her "perfect" community, only we know a perfect community can't really exist, now can it? Here's the book description I think I'm going to go with when I actually publish it, but am still working on it because I, like most authors, have a hard time condensing a novel into two paragraphs. Hope everyone enjoys it!



John's Town, created when the Utopian society of the United Community of Johnson was formed, knows no greed, violence, or poverty. Yet Aire has always been suspicious of the smiling faces. Photographs of extinct civilizations in her school history books make her uneasy. So does the military, who strangely “recruits” young children and old women in the night after they have emotional outbursts. Electronic billboards surround the city and send anyone who passes them into seizures.

When people begin to disappear in the masses, Aire knows there is definitely something wrong with her world and decides to flee. There’s just one problem--no one gets to leave John’s Town alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment