Friday, June 8, 2012

Writing Updates

So I really wanted to have G-157 done and ready to upload this weekend, but it looks like that isn't going to happen.

I'm super cheap and refuse to print out more than one copy of the book, which in turn has screwed me over in the final editing process. One of my readers has been holding the book hostage for the last month, and its about time to start planning a reconnaissance to get it back. I have a few other people who still want to read it, and the several others who have read it are looking forward to having an autographed copy (which sounds so weird now that people are really saying that because I'm still a nobody in the literary world). But hopefully I will be able to rescue my book this weekend, and my final two readers will be able to sink their teeth into it and give me feedback.

I have the house to myself for a day this weekend, and intend to finish up The Sledgehammer Club. I've tried to do revisions on it this week, but it's been way to busy and my brain refuses to do anything but shut down and fall asleep every time I pull the manuscript to do anything.

And of course my other novel, Deceptions, is always calling for its finishing touches. But I figure that its waited six years to be polished, it can wait a little longer.

This summer is going to be busy, but I'm trying to get into the habit of working on a project for at least a half hour a day. And now that I don't have a computer anymore, it should be that much easier to not get distracted while writing. But us writers are creative though, aren't we? So I'm sure I'll find other ways to do anything I possibly can other than writing because I always run the pace of a slug when a story is almost finished. But I vow to do my best until my 30 minutes are done each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment