Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A litte self examination

No, not that kind of self examination you perverts/medical students. I'm talking about examination of personality and character.

This summer I'm taking a communications class to finish up my English degree, and our first two weeks is all about the self. We had to take a personality test, and it was surprisingly accurate. It really reflected my traits, and pointed out some key things that I liked. Also an activity that turned out to be fun was our personal ad. Everyone had to write like a personal dating ad but couldn't put their name, gender, or anything about their appearance on it.The whole thing turned out to be an hour long laugh riot as we all tried to guess who had written the ad.

While writing my own ad, I found it extremely difficult to make myself sound cool about the things I like to do. Let's face it, I'm extremely normal in my likes, so normal its almost boring. I like the usual things. You know, dirt bikes, fishing, dive bars, old movies. Yawn fest.

But then I got to thinking, what about the things I don't like? Are they the normal, boring, usual things most people don't like? Well, I started really thinking about it and shared my list with some new friends I'm still getting to know. Turns out, most people's Don't Like It list is way more amusing and entertaining than their Like It list. Here's mine, feel free to share your own!



1. Ostriches. I'm not quite sure why, but I hate ostriches more than anything else on the planet besides the stereotypical hate it list most people have, like Nazis, child molesters, rapists, animal abusers. If you're an ostrich, Nazi, cho-mo, rapist, or puppy kicker get off my site! Why ostriches have made it to my hate list I don't know. To my knowledge nothing terrible ever happened at the Ostrich Festival when I was a kid, and I've never had one attack me, yet every time I see one I become enraged and want to punch them in the head. Sorry ostriches, but we'll never be friends. Ever....unless maybe an ostrich saves my life one day.

2. That weird gum licking noise dogs make. It sounds disgusting. I don't know why they're doing that because their tongue never leaves their mouth to actually lick anything. And they always seem to do it in the middle of the night. I can be dead asleep and still hear my dog making that noise in the middle of the night even if he's out in the hall way. It's just as annoying as a person who chews with their mouth open.

3. Car testicles. Not sure who came up with the idea to hand a fake sack on their bumper, but it is really, really dumb, I don't get it, and it makes the rest of the world think you're compensating for something. Every time I see one of these I want to grab a pair of bolt cutters, hack the things off, and tape it to their windshield with a bumper sticker that says "You've Been Neutered!" Nope, I've never actually done that because you shouldn't destroy someone else's property no matter how stupid, but I fantasize about it every time.

4. Guys who wear shirts that drape to their knees. I'm pretty sure if your top goes to your knees or further this is called a dress. If a man wants to wear a dress, fine, totally cool with me. I'm talking about these kids who think they're gangster or something and wear clothes about 25 sizes too big for them. It's weird, I don't get it, and every time I see dudes who do this I automatically start calling them Miss. They are wearing dresses after all.

5. Motivational Posters. Really don't get the point of these things. They're degrading when you really think about them. There's a demotivational poster somewhere on the web that perfectly sums up how silly motivational posters are.






No comments:

Post a Comment