Friday, July 13, 2012

If only the Tommyknockers were real...

I started a new job recently. It's not my dream job, but it's a damn good one. The company is awesome, the people are great, and I enjoy what I do. But even with good jobs there are days when you just don't want to be there. The last couple days have been like that.

It's been raining for the last few days, which is really, really weird because it usually only rains in Arizona during August and March, and on occasion in January. But rain in July? That's weird. I think it's a trade off from nature to make up for all those dust storms we had last month.

Anyway, it's been raining for the last few days and every time I look outside at work I just think, "Man, I wish I was at home writing...and sleeping. At the same time." I told this to one of my friends and she laughed and told me, good luck with that. Well guess what friend, it could be true if the Tommyknockers were real.

For anyone who doesn't know, Tommyknockers is a Stephen King novel about aliens who crash into our planet and give the people of this small town super abilities. One woman in the story is a writer who invents a typewriter that will write her novels while she sleeps. Best idea ever!! I want one of those.

If the Tommyknockers were real, I could sleep and write at the same time. I told this to my friend and she said, "true, but I don't think you're allowed to sleep at work."

Damn.

Ruin my dreams why don't you.

No comments:

Post a Comment